[comp.sys.mac] GateKeeper configurations - what do

sklein@cdp.UUCP (04/16/89)

I switched from _Vaccine to Gatekeeper last week.  Rebooted, and discovered
that my print spooler (TOPS Spool aka LaserSpool) didn't work.  Since it
was an INIT that caused the 'attack' I couldn't figure out a fix.

I switched back to _Vaccine about five minutes later.
-shabtai klein

UUCP:  uunet!pyramid!cdp!sklein   |  BitNet: cdp!sklein%labrea@stanford
Internet:  cdp!sklein@arisia.xerox.com   |  Phone: (301) 270-2250
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not
 bite you.  This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
                     -- Mark Twain

chrisj@ut-emx.UUCP (Chris Johnson) (04/17/89)

In article <141200020@cdp> sklein@cdp.UUCP writes:

>I switched from _Vaccine to Gatekeeper last week.  Rebooted, and discovered
>that my print spooler (TOPS Spool aka LaserSpool) didn't work.  Since it
>was an INIT that caused the 'attack' I couldn't figure out a fix.
>
>I switched back to _Vaccine about five minutes later.
>-shabtai klein

The fix is simple.  Get version 1.1 - it's been out since March 2nd, so you
should be able to find it pretty easily.  If not, there's always simtel and
sumex.  It always pays to have the latest version.

----Chris
----Author of GateKeeper