[comp.sys.mac] Equation processing in PowerPoint

GFX@PSUVM.BITNET (04/12/89)

I started using Power very recently to prepare for my presentations.  All
went well until I faced my first equation.  What is the most convenient
way to proceed (I was more than pleased by Word's equation processor and
a little puzzled as to why we cant't simply copy from Word and paste into
Power Point.  Any advice, or should I go back to my mixture of MacDraw
and Word documents...  Please e-mail.  I'll summarize if volume justifes.
Stephane

And while I am at it: Does anyone

spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) (04/13/89)

In article <80983GFX@PSUVM> GFX@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>    I started using Power very recently to prepare for my presentations.  All
>    went well until I faced my first equation.  What is the most convenient
>    way to proceed.

I use MacEqn, an equation writing DA.  It's pretty nice (although not
perfect), and has been able to make all the equations I want to do.

It is published by
	Software for Recognition Technologies
	55 Academy Drive
	Rochester, NY 14623
	(716)359-3024

--
=Spencer (spencer@eecs.umich.edu)

ianh@merlin.bhpmrl.oz (Ian Hoyle) (04/18/89)

From article <80983GFX@PSUVM>, by GFX@PSUVM.BITNET:
> I started using Power very recently to prepare for my presentations.  All
> went well until I faced my first equation.  What is the most convenient
> way to proceed (I was more than pleased by Word's equation processor and
> a little puzzled as to why we cant't simply copy from Word and paste into
> Power Point.  Any advice, or should I go back to my mixture of MacDraw
> and Word documents...  Please e-mail.  I'll summarize if volume justifes.

why don't you use an equation editor for the equations ???

MathType v2.0 is  *** GREAT *** !!

					ian
--

                Ian Hoyle
     /\/\       Computer Systems Superintendent