[comp.sys.mac] MF61.b7

jackiw@cs.swarthmore.edu (Nick Jackiw) (04/20/89)

In article <2786@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
> In article <38824@bbn.COM>, levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) writes...
> >MultiFinder 6.1b7 was included with the release
> >version of MPW 3.0.
> Is MF 6.1b7 included with separate purchases of SADE?  I would just call APDA
> back up tomorrow and ask, but I just spent 45 (!) minutes on hold trying to
> place my order, so any info through the net would be greatly appreciated.
> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu

If it's not, you should damn well put up a fuss.  I ordered MPW 3.0 from
APDA about a month ago ... the catalog clearly states, as Joel does above,
that SADE and its supporting software (MF 6.1b7) was included in the
base package.  No one told me differently when I placed the order by
telephone. And yet, when the goods arrived, both were absent (despite MPW's
documentation claiming yet again that they were there), and a call to APDA
revealed an "oh, no of course not, no no the catalog and documentation's
wrong.  Buying SADE will cost you again as much as MPW did in the first
place."  I can understand the need to disclaim that "prices and availability
subject to change without notice," but willfully false advertising seems
another matter altogether...

--
     _  _|\____    Nick Jackiw | Visual Geometry Project | Math Department