[comp.sys.mac] Big screen color monitor for SE/30

cleeland@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Chris Cleeland) (04/17/89)

A friend of mine is getting a brand new SE/30 (SEx) to use with a scanner,
a laser printer, etc. to do graphics for a newspaper.  He will be using
either Illustrator 88 or Aldus Freehand, or possibly both.  Since both support
color, he wants to get a big color monitor instead of a gray-scale monitor.
The question is, what should he buy, or even just look at?  His budget is
$2000 (for the monitor) so he can afford to get a good one, but not
necesarily the most expensive.

Also, any tips on using the aforementioned software with an SE/30 with either
type of monitor would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please e-mail replies (best) or post (ok) to
Internet:  cleeland@rex.tulane.cs.edu
OR         cleeland@rex.UUCP
--
Thanks
Chris Cleeland, Tulane University

Disclaimer:  I haven't said anything worth not claiming!!!

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (04/22/89)

In article <92785@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
> If I can get the E-Machines MONOCHROME monitor and card for $2,000 I'll
> consider myself lucky--it lists for $2495. I believe existing color cards
> are nearly $2000 and the monitors are over $3,000. We're looking at the

I've been waiting for a "low" cost color card for the SE/30 and it
looks like it's finally arrived.  There will be an article in next
week's MacWeek.  Generation X (408/739-4570) has a card that supports
the AppleColor monitor for $995 and a monochrome card for the Apple
Portrait for $525.  So far this is the only card I know of that is
designed to support the AppleColor monitor.

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
hollander@ti.com

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.