[comp.sys.mac] What's all this, then?

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (04/23/89)

Here's a cute one: Got a letter in the mail today from Synergy Software, the
people distributing VersaTerm these days.  I'd sent in a check for $20 about
a month and a half ago for the Versaterm 4.0 upgrade, and figured it would
be a note saying there was a delay.  (S'Okay -- I understand getting those
last few bugs out.  Besides, after Word 4.0, anything other delays pale. :-))

It's a note saying that my upgrade to VersaTerm may not come to me until
May.  Okay again, but why?  Because the demand is so heavy!  "We are filling
orders on a first come, first served basis."

What, the demand for VersaTerm upgrades is so great, they just CAN'T make
enough copies of the disks and documentation?  What have they got, some old
wizened guy in a basement room, duplicating disks with an external floppy
drive and a copy of Disk Dup+?  "Jah, we may be able to get five out today,
mein herr!"  Gee, all the disk duplication services on the East Coast must
be booked up solid! :-)

Look, in this case I don't mind it if they haven't got the software quite
ready yet (VersaTerm 3.2 is just fine, thank you).  But if they're going to
come up with an excuse, it might be nice to try something a little less
lame.

                           "Drop the gun or I'll kill
                            your girlfriend."
                                                     "Go ahead.  I got lots of
                                                      girlfriends."
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, hplsla, thebes, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Robert J. Hammen) (04/24/89)

In article <7889@fluke.COM> moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>Here's a cute one: Got a letter in the mail today from Synergy Software, the
>people distributing VersaTerm these days.  I'd sent in a check for $20 about
>a month and a half ago for the Versaterm 4.0 upgrade, and figured it would
>be a note saying there was a delay.  (S'Okay -- I understand getting those
>last few bugs out.  Besides, after Word 4.0, anything other delays pale. :-))

I sent in my upgrade check for VT 4.0 way back in January. I got a letter
from them in late February/early March, telling me that due to the demand I
couldn't expect my upgrade until April. Lonnie Abelbeck, the author of Versa-
Term, is active on Delphi, so I asked him about it. He told me the real reason
for the delay was due to printing problems with the new manuals (hey, everyone
always blames the printer - I know, since I work for one!). The software is
done, however. I'm currently using version 4.0.2 right now (I am a beta-tester),
and I haven't had any problems with it in EXTENSIVE use under both Finder and
MultiFinder, with many INITs and cdevs installed.

>                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
Robert Hammen

/ Robert Hammen  | hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu | uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!hammen     /
/ Delphi: HAMMEN | GEnie: R.Hammen | CI$: 70701,2104 | MacNet: HAMMEN     /
/ Bulfin Printers | 1887 N. Water | Milwaukee WI 53202 | (414) 271-1887   /
/ 3839 N. Humboldt #204 | Milwaukee WI 53212 | (414) 961-0715 (h)         /