[comp.sys.mac] wanted: mac Geneology

dagger@spock.UUCP (Daniel Gil Rustin) (04/22/89)

Hi Netland,
	Does anybody out there have information about an excellent
geneology program for the Mac SE.  I would like the program, if possible,
to be under $150.

Please send any information by e-mail or U.S. snail mail.

					Thanks in advance,
							DAGGER

Daniel G. Rustin			/
c/o Choate Rosemary Hall            [=={~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
333 Christian St.			\
Wallingford, Ct. 06492		    dagger@spock

bruceh@mntgfx.mentor.com (Bruce Holm) (04/25/89)

In article <595@spock.UUCP>, dagger@spock.UUCP (Daniel Gil Rustin) writes:
> Hi Netland,
> 	Does anybody out there have information about an excellent
> geneology program for the Mac SE.  I would like the program, if possible,
> to be under $150.

I am posting this since e-mail bounced...

Check out Personal Ancestral File for the Mac, distributed by the Church of JC of
Later Day Saints (Mormans).
It is very good (don't compare it with the IBM version...the Mac version is much
better) and only costs $35 including s/h.  Comes with a nice ~350 page manual,
2 disks, and several utilities (one for storing information on people you are
not sure are related to you, and one for sending info to others via modem (a
communications utility)).  I was sceptical of it prior to getting it since I
had seen the IBM version that has been around for a while.  But I am very
impressed with the Mac version.  And for the price, its an excellent value.

To order it, call 1-800-453-3860 and ask/type ext. 5274.  Specify PAF for
the Mac.

Questions?...just send me e-mail

--Bruce

--
** These are my opinions, & not necessarily those of Mentor Graphics Corp. **
Bruce Holm, Design/Analysis Div. /  (503) 626-7000