[comp.sys.mac] 5V adjust info wanted

twakeman@hpcea.CE.HP.COM (Teriann Wakeman) (04/21/89)

I would like to check/adjust the 5V supply on my Mac+. There is a
cable from the middle of the analogue board to the middle of the digital
board. The soldered ends of the pins are readilly accessable on the underside
of the digital board. I assume this cable carrys 5V to the digital board.
Can anyone tell me which pin carrys the 5V? Or if there is a better place to
measure the 5V?????Is the correct voltage 5.0?

TeriAnn
twakeman@hpcea.ce.hp.com

mo@well.UUCP (Maurice Weitman) (04/25/89)

twakeman@hpcea.CE.HP.COM (Teriann Wakeman) writes:
>I would like to check/adjust the 5V supply on my Mac+. [...]
> Or if there is a better place to measure the 5V?????

I'd use the mouse jack's pins 1 (ground) and 2 (+5 v.).  The pins
are numbered like so:
5 4 3 2 1
 9 8 7 6    while looking at the jack.  Alternatively, you could
use pins 1 (ground) and 6 on the external floppy jack which has
a similar pin numbering scheme, but for 19 lines.

Be careful not to touch any wires near the video tube or flyback
transformer (roundish thingy on the top of the vertical board,
connected to the video tube).  Very dangerous even when Mac is
unplugged.

You might want to adjust the width and height of the image after
you're sure the voltage is correct.  I think the correct
dimensions are 7.11" x 4.75".  Good luck!
--
Maurice Weitman           ..!{hplabs,pacbell,apple,ucbvax}!well!mo
 | <- this is not a pipe  1634 Walnut  Berkeley, CA  94709  (415)549-0280
Quote:  "Facts are stupid things."  Ronald Wilson Reagan, New Orleans, 1988
Disclaimer:  Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.