[comp.sys.mac] Screen Blanker/Shut Downer

brecher@well.UUCP (Steve Brecher) (04/26/89)

In article <1623@wasatch.utah.edu>, t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs)
writes:

> What I would like in addition to say Pyro is after no activity for some
> selected time that a shut down sequence would be activated. It would probally
> be the most versatile if they work with or without each other, i.e. you could
> have blanking, shutdowning, or blanking then shutdowning.
> It would be nice too if the shutdown sequence could alternatively initiate a
> QuickKey or Tempo sequence or perhaps if HyperCard was running send a message
> to it.

This feature would add considerably complexity and perhaps fragility to
Pyro!; why do you want it?  Is it to save electricity?  As to computer and
hard disk life, at least some engineers advise that continuous running is
better than frequent power ups/downs.

--

brecher@well.UUCP (Steve Brecher)