[comp.sys.mac] LW Print Drivers needed

lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) (04/25/89)

I'm looking for LazerWriter IINT drivers that will allow me to print
to the LazerWriter through a Sun 3/60 over TCP/IP. Anyone have
such a beast???  Any Ideas where to look??
Any help would be VERY much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Lance Ellinghouse

--
Lance Ellinghouse
Mark V Systems, Ltd.

eam@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Emilio Agustin) (04/26/89)

In article <181@hermix.UUCP> lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
>I'm looking for LazerWriter IINT drivers that will allow me to print
>to the LazerWriter through a Sun 3/60 over TCP/IP. Anyone have
>such a beast???  Any Ideas where to look??

Me too!!
 We've got a MicroExplorer (MacII) conected with an EtherCard to
our network of Suns. Connected to the network there is a Laserwriter
Plus and a LaserwriterII. It's a shame we cannot print anything!!

We can transmit files esasily from the Mac to the Suns (using the
MicroExplorer software), so I can save the postscript code into a file
(Crtl-K or Crtl-L), transmit it to the Sun net and...

What do I do with it? The Laserwriter doesn't like it, it seems that
it needs the LaserPrep resident in the printer. I don't want to
load LaserPrep (at least not resident) because it would upset
ALL TeX users (almost everybody).

Is there any program in the mac or under UNIX that can take a Mac
postcript and put it in a format suitable for the laserwriter?

Can anybody help or give suggestions??

As Lance said,
>Any help would be VERY much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Emilio Agustin			JANET:  eam@uk.ac.edinburgh.aiai
Dept. of AI			ARPA:   eam%uk.ac.ed.aiai@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
University of Edinburgh		UUCP:   ...!ukc!ed.ac.uk.aiai!eam
Scotland, U.K.