[comp.sys.mac] NCSA Telnet Sources

wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) (04/27/89)

I have been trying to get the NCSA telnet sources via anonymous FTP
from uunet.uu.net, but can't.

The source documentation made if fine, but the actual source .SIT file won't
make it w/ or w/o MacBinary enabled.  I have implicitly turned on binary
mode, but it still doesn't make it.

Could someone bin/hex the beast and send it my way (or point to a bin/hexed
copy that is on anonymous FTP)?

Thanks,
b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu

edmoy@violet.berkeley.edu (04/27/89)

In article <cYJZM_y00UgXIPbfRy@andrew.cmu.edu> wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) writes:
>I have been trying to get the NCSA telnet sources via anonymous FTP
>from uunet.uu.net, but can't.

Two things.  First, authoritative source (as well as contributed patches) is
at zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu (128.174.20.50).  Second, as mentioned in some README
file, sources for 2.2 won't compile into exactly what the released version
of 2.2 is.  From 2.3, they say that the source will compile into the
released version.

Edward Moy				Principal Programmer - Macintosh & Unix
Workstation Support Services		Workstation Software Support Group
University of California
Berkeley, CA  94720

edmoy@violet.Berkeley.EDU
ucbvax!violet!edmoy

timk@zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu (04/30/89)

/* Written  6:51 pm  Apr 26, 1989 by wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu in zaphod:comp.sys.mac */
/* ---------- "NCSA Telnet Sources" ---------- */
I have been trying to get the NCSA telnet sources via anonymous FTP
from uunet.uu.net, but can't.

The source documentation made if fine, but the actual source .SIT file won't
make it w/ or w/o MacBinary enabled.  I have implicitly turned on binary
mode, but it still doesn't make it.

Could someone bin/hex the beast and send it my way (or point to a bin/hexed
copy that is on anonymous FTP)?

Thanks,
b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu
/* End of text from zaphod:comp.sys.mac */

Our source distribution is available via anonymous FTP from
ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu  (128.174.20.50).  It is in the NCSA_Telnet/Mac
directory.  We have a BinHexed version there.

It compiles under MPW C 2.0.2.  Get the patch list also.

Tim Krauskopf
NCSA