[comp.sys.mac] Envelope printing on IWII or LW?

markham@rho.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Markham) (04/25/89)

Does anyone out there know if there is an easy way to print envelopes on
a Laserwriter?  If there is no easy way to do it on the Laserwriter, how
about the Imagewriter?  We are using MSWord and would probably prefer the
"Print Merge..." option.

Help!!!
Andrew W. Markham 			<markham@sunmail.cs.unc.edu>
Undergraduate Assistant
Computer Science Department

vogelei@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Todd Vogelei) (04/26/89)

In article <7914@thorin.cs.unc.edu> markham@rho.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Markham) writes:
>Does anyone out there know if there is an easy way to print envelopes on
>a Laserwriter?  If there is no easy way to do it on the Laserwriter, how
>about the Imagewriter?  We are using MSWord and would probably prefer the
>"Print Merge..." option.

I have found that feeding envelopes into my printer is a truly irritating
process and have found a rather simple solution in printing the mailing list
onto a set of sticky labels and pasting these onto the envelopes.  The
labels have the advantage of being tractor feedable so you can start a run
and leave it.  I think there might be a utility that comes with hypercard that
does something like this for you.  There are other label makers out there that
are relatively cheap that you can get.

>Help!!!

I tried
>Andrew W. Markham 			<markham@sunmail.cs.unc.edu>
>Undergraduate Assistant
>Computer Science Department
>University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Todd
vogelei@nmtsun

mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (04/26/89)

In article <2436@nmtsun.nmt.edu>, vogelei@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Todd Vogelei) writes:
> In article <7914@thorin.cs.unc.edu> markham@rho.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Markham) writes:
> >Does anyone out there know if there is an easy way to print envelopes on
> >a Laserwriter?  If there is no easy way to do it on the Laserwriter, how
> >about the Imagewriter?  We are using MSWord and would probably prefer the
> >"Print Merge..." option.
>
> I have found that feeding envelopes into my printer is a truly irritating
> process...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried using the LaserWriter II Envelope
Cassette?  I'm just wondering how well that works.  I would appreciate hearing
from anyone that has used one before.

Thanks,
-Michael

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (04/27/89)

In article <7914@thorin.cs.unc.edu> markham@rho.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Markham) writes:
>Does anyone out there know if there is an easy way to print envelopes on
>a Laserwriter?  If there is no easy way to do it on the Laserwriter, how
>about the Imagewriter?  We are using MSWord and would probably prefer the
>"Print Merge..." option.

I've found that feeding and indexing is much easier and more accurate
on the LaserWriter.  I've got a LWII - if the LW doesn't have
self-centering manual feed, then it might not be so easy.  I use a
FullWrite file with two sidebars: one for the return address and one
for the addressee.  It was easy to setup:  (8.5 - envelope-height)/2
for the top of the envelope.

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
hollander@ti.com

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.

swerling@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ace Swerling) (04/27/89)

There are a couple of DAs available through ftp that automatically set up
envelopes on LW and IWIIs.  I've got one called Easy Envelopes from Mark III
software that keeps track of addresses and automatically keeps your return
address.  You can change fonts and sizes too if you want.  I just got it so I
don't know everything it can do, but it looks pretty interesting.  I think I
got it from simtel20, but I'm not sure.

-Ace

siegman@sierra.Stanford.EDU (Anthony E. Siegman) (05/02/89)

I have the PD DA "KiwiEnvelopes" from