[comp.sys.mac] RoboCop Sounds...and passwords?!

gtww2z9z@umiami.miami.edu (Jason Gross) (05/03/89)

To whomever recently posted the RoboCop sounds to Sumex:

The archives have passwords on them!  Aggghhh!  How can I hear what will
probably be really cool sounds if they have passwords!!!!

Have a nice day.

--
Jason Gross     Comp Sci Ugrad     University of Miami     Class of '91 (?)
Not my damn planet  | At the tone, leave your reply and Visa card number at

pearl@porthos.rutgers.edu (Starbuck) (05/03/89)

In article <691@umiami.miami.edu> gtww2z9z@umiami.miami.edu (Jason Gross) writes:

> To whomever recently posted the RoboCop sounds to Sumex:
>
> The archives have passwords on them!  Aggghhh!  How can I hear what will
> probably be really cool sounds if they have passwords!!!!
>
> Have a nice day.

Jason,

just click ok when it asks you for the password.  Thats what I did and
it works fine!

Steve
---
Stephen Pearl (Starbuck)    Work: (201)932-2443   Home: (201)246-3927
UUCP:  rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!pearl   ARPA:  pearl@aramis.rutgers.edu
US MAIL:  LPO 12749 CN 5064, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
QUOTES: "What is Starbuck-ing?" -Adultress 19
	"Works for me!" -Rick Hunter (The Cop, not the Robotech Defender)

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (05/04/89)

Where can I get these sounds?  Is this on any ftp site?  By the way, I know
that they have been mentioned a thousand times, but are there any other ftp
sites (the only one i know of is 128.83.144.1).  Thanks

relkins@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rob Elkins) (05/05/89)

In article <691@umiami.miami.edu> gtww2z9z@umiami.miami.edu (Jason Gross) writes:
>To whomever recently posted the RoboCop sounds to Sumex:
>
>The archives have passwords on them!  Aggghhh!  How can I hear what will
>probably be really cool sounds if they have passwords!!!!

No they don't.  Next time read the header of the bin-hex file before you
de-bin-hex it. The password is blank.  Just hit return for the password.

>Have a nice day.

Thank You

Rob Elkins

--
ARPA: relkins@vax1.acs.udel.edu  UUCP: ...!uunet!vax1.acs.udel.edu!relkins
Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a <Insert Occupation Here>

                       I  am  the  NRA.