[comp.sys.mac] What is wrong with the Macintosh OS

david.dmytryshyn@f428.n250.z1.fidonet.org (david dmytryshyn) (05/06/89)

On more than one occasion, I've both heard and read that the
Macintosh Operating System has remained relatively unchanged
since its introduction. So, the question which I pose to all is,
if you could change the Macintosh OS, what would you change to
make it a more effective user interface?

Ideally, the interface should be easy for the beginning user to
become accustomed to with relative ease, yet it should not
become cumbersome for the advanced user.  The latter has become
a reality for myself, and I'm quite sure for others.  The only
way which I've overcome the Finder's shortcomings are through
various externals such as Oncue & Tempo II.  Should the finder
include advanced features such as these, or should the finder
just be a common base for all of these externals?

Does the Finder need an overdrive?

voluminous, well golly gee, I'll just post a summary...

(even if you don't have a reply for this question, I wouldn't
seeing if I'm actually getting global distribution, so if it
isn't too much trouble, a little message email'd to me would be
appreciated, as the gateway is new, both in the sense of being
setup, and in the software)

* * * * * * * * * * * *

David Dmytryshyn
SysOp - Computer Synapse
Toronto, Ontario
Canada.

(416)760-7490 (Data)
(416)767-6784 (Voice)

--- FD 2.00
 * Origin: Computer Synapse, Neural-Nets.  Toronto, CANADA (1:250/428)

--- MaS Relayer v1.00.00
 Message gatewayed by MaS Network Software and Consulting/HST
 Internet: david.dmytryshyn@f428.n250.z1.fidonet.org
 UUCP:     ...!tmsoft!masnet!f428.n250.z1.fidonet.org!david.dmytryshyn