[comp.sys.mac] The Talking Moose Lives!

bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Scott Kendig) (05/05/89)

Thanks to everyone who responded!

As it turns out, I based my theory of the Moose's death on the fact that the
Princeton user's group had version 1.1 (I think) of the Talking Moose -
and of course that version didn't work under System 6.0.

Upon the advice of a few people, I downloaded the Moose DA from Sumex.  Turns
out that Sumex has version 1.2, which is much nicer than 1.1 (*any* version
that works *has* to be better than a version that doesn't work!).

The Talking Moose is once again a permanent part of my system.  I will most
definitely buy the cdev from its author - as soon as I have enough memory in
my machine to support it.  One meg just doesn't cut it these days.

Now if they could only come out with an Elvis DA...

Thanks again!
     << Brian Kendig >>

BTW: If anyone does happen to have any interesting Moose Phrase files, I'd
like to get copies of them, if possible.  Upload them to comp.binaries.mac, or
post some of the more interesting phrases here.  If I catch them here, or if
you E-mail them to me, I'll add any really interesting phrases to my Moose
Phrases file, and and perhaps I'll upload my collection if I get enough
support.

flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan) (05/07/89)

In article <8152@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Scott Kendig) writes:
>BTW: If anyone does happen to have any interesting Moose Phrase files, I'd
>like to get copies of them

Has anyone written a Moose merger, that automatically merges Moose Phrase
files?  Doing this by hand is tedious.  Should be trivial; I may do it in
Lisp, but I'd rather someone else did.
	Likewise something to take, say, a text file [e.g., UNIX Fortune]
and Moosify it.
	BTW, the Moose is no longer a DA; it hurts his feelings unless you
use his cdev incarnation.
From: flash@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
Portal,MacNet: FlashsMom