[comp.sys.mac] SuperClock! problems

mihori@randvax.UUCP (Jim Mihori) (05/04/89)

I can not seem to get SuperClock! v. 3.1 to work on my SE under System
6.02. It worked for a while right after I got it, but now it does not
appear at all, despite numerous attemps to fiddle with the settings in the
Control Panel. Does anyone else have this problem?  Thanks in advance.
--
Jim Mihori
Rand Corporation

al1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Anthony Edward Lalli) (05/08/89)

Nope.  I have an SE and I'm using both System 6.0.2 and SuperClock 3.1.

Everything works fine.  The only problem I have is when I'm playing a game
like Arkanoid which takes up the full screen.  The clock wants to be on the
screen, but the game won't let it.  Thus the clock flashes quickly on the
screen forever.  The problem is solved by letting the game end, then playing
a new game, after the 10-second black screen asking you if you want to
continue.

The point is, Could the next version of SuperClock have an on/off button?
I used to use rsc.init.JClock which allowed you to hold the mouse button down
on the clock for 3 seconds, which removed the clock from the screen.
SuperClock is much better in it's features, though.

Is the author reading this?

Thanx,

Tony Lalli
Carnegie Mellon University
al1g+@andrew.cmu.edu

sclindhu@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Charles Lindhurst) (05/08/89)

In article <gYN8lny00WB-84tmFK@andrew.cmu.edu> al1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Anthony Edward Lalli) writes:
>The point is, Could the next version of SuperClock have an on/off button?
>I used to use rsc.init.JClock which allowed you to hold the mouse button down
>on the clock for 3 seconds, which removed the clock from the screen.
>SuperClock is much better in it's features, though.

SuperClock can be turned off.  Just option-click on the clock and it
will disappear until you click in that area again.

Scott

arie@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Arie Covrigaru) (05/08/89)

I found out that SuperClock! 3.0 and 3.1 causes Cricket Graph 1.3 and
MacMoney V3.02.01 to freeze if opened as the second application under
MultiFinder.  If opened as the first application, both programs start
with no problems.  I can duplicate this every time.

Arie Covrigaru
Cognitive Science and Machine Intelligence Laboratory, University of Michigan

jh0576@leah.Albany.Edu (J Houghtaling) (05/08/89)

In article <gYN8lny00WB-84tmFK@andrew.cmu.edu>, al1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Anthony Edward Lalli) writes:
> The point is, Could the next version of SuperClock have an on/off button?
> I used to use rsc.init.JClock which allowed you to hold the mouse button down
> on the clock for 3 seconds, which removed the clock from the screen

If you hold the option key down and click on the time display that will
turn off Super Clock

Joe Houghtaling
(no signature on file, boy do I hate vi!).

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (05/09/89)

In article <gYN8lny00WB-84tmFK@andrew.cmu.edu> al1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Anthony Edward Lalli) writes:
>Nope.  I have an SE and I'm using both System 6.0.2 and SuperClock 3.1.
>
>The point is, Could the next version of SuperClock have an on/off button?
>I used to use rsc.init.JClock which allowed you to hold the mouse button down
>on the clock for 3 seconds, which removed the clock from the screen.
>SuperClock is much better in it's features, though.

It already has a shut off feature which I discovered by accident.

Command-Option click on the clock and it goes away.  Do it again and
it returns.

Handy that.

-ajw

Andy J. Williams '90   |           <hello>           | ack@dartvax.dartmouth.edu
31 North Main Street   |  set $NAME='inigo_montoya'  |        Systems Programmer
Hanover NH, 03755      |     You kill -9 my ppid     | Kiewit Computation Center
603-643-2177           |        prepare to vi        |         Dartmouth College

david@jc3b21.UUCP (David Quarles) (05/09/89)

From article <1998@randvax.UUCP>, by mihori@randvax.UUCP (Jim Mihori):
> I can not seem to get SuperClock! v. 3.1 to work on my SE under System
> 6.02. It worked for a while right after I got it, but now it does not
> . . .

I use it with the same setup as above and it still works.

It is in the system folder and it appears as a CDEV.  Perhaps you have a
bad copy.

=-=-= Email: david@jc3b21.UUCP -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Dave =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= EOT

pj@pnet51.cts.com (Paul Jacoby) (05/09/89)

Tony, just option-click on the clock in SuperClock--it will disappear until
you next click on it's position in the menu bar.
  Right there in the docs....
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| UUCP: {rosevax, crash, orator}!orbit!pnet51!pj |  Working with idiots keeps |
| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!pj@nosc.mil           |  my life interesting...    |
| INET: pj@pnet51.cts.com                        |                            |

thschulz@iraul1.ira.uka.de (Thomas Schulz) (05/11/89)

There is still another problem with Superclock 3.1
During a session with Versaterm3.10 and a Hayes compatible modem
the Mac hangs.
Without SuperClock everything is fine.
I am running System 5.

Tom.