[comp.sys.mac] Nec CD-ROM driver requested

paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) (05/11/89)

We just bought a NEC CD-ROM drive. Lovely thing, plays music very well.
The tricky part: they had no Macintosh drivers in stock (takes up
a lot of space, that 3,5 " diskette, doesn't it?). We DO want to use
it within the two weeks delivery time for the driver though. Does
anyone else have the Macintosh driver for this machine? Could you
please mail it to me? Much appreciated!

BTW: Brand NEC, type: CDR-75
--
        Paul Molenaar

	"Just checking the walls"
		- Basil Fawlty -

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (05/12/89)

In article <548@nikhefk.UUCP> paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) writes:
> We just bought a NEC CD-ROM drive. Does
> anyone else have the Macintosh driver for this machine?

Optical Media International
485 Alberto Way
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408) 395-4332

sells a Macintosh CD-ROM driver that supports at least nine different
CD-ROM drives, including the NEC, for some small amount of money (much
less than $100, I believe.)

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"