[comp.sys.mac] AppleCare- Is it only for 36 months max?

alexis@ccnysci.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) (05/12/89)

I have just been told by a friend that AppleCare is NOT OFFERED for any
Apple product more than 36 months old. This makes very little sense to
me- I though you can get AC on anything, so long as you let them check
it out beforehand. What gives?
---
Alexis Rosen
alexis@ccnysci.{uucp,bitnet}
alexis@rascal.ics.utexas.edu  (last resort)

s160041@castor.ucdavis.edu (Greg DeMichillie) (05/13/89)

In article <1974@ccnysci.UUCP> alexis@ccnysci.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) writes:

>I have just been told by a friend that AppleCare is NOT OFFERED for any
>Apple product more than 36 months old. This makes very little sense to
>me- I though you can get AC on anything, so long as you let them check
>it out beforehand. What gives?
>---
>Alexis Rosen
>alexis@ccnysci.{uucp,bitnet}
>alexis@rascal.ics.utexas.edu  (last resort)

I think you are referring to the fact the you can only buy 3 years of
AppleCare at one time.  As far as I know, there is no limit on the total
length of time that equipment can be under AppleCare, only on the amount
of coverage that can be bought at one time.  I don't really know why
they have this rule.  Perhaps someone more familiar with Apple's
reasoning can comment on that.

Greg DeMichillie               *          Apple Student Rep - UC Davis
lgdemichillie@ucdavis.edu      *          AppleLink : ST0178

Disclaimer: If you've seen one disclaimer, you've seen them all.

kateley@Apple.COM (Jim Kateley) (05/13/89)

In article <1974@ccnysci.UUCP> alexis@ccnysci.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) writes:

>I have just been told by a friend that AppleCare is NOT OFFERED for any
>Apple product more than 36 months old. This makes very little sense to
>me- I though you can get AC on anything, so long as you let them check
>it out beforehand. What gives?
>---
You are correct, all you need to do to have a product AppleCare'd is let
the dealer make sure that it if functioning.  We still offer AppleCare
on the Apple //+ and up.

Jim Kateley          UUCP: {sun, voder, nsc, mtxinu, dual}!apple!kateley
S,P,HnS!             DOMAIN: kateley@apple.COM  Applelink: kateley1
Disclaimer:   What I say, think, or smell does not reflect any policy or
	      stray thought by Apple Computer, Inc.