[comp.sys.mac] Fortran linking with LightSpeed C?

postmaster@mailcom.FIDONET.ORG (Bernard Aboba) (05/11/89)

I've decided to port a large mainframe Fortran code over to the Mac, and
want to do much of the interface code with Prototyper.  As Prototyper can
output in Lightspeed C, and I own this, this seems like the way to go.
However, I don't know how to link the Fortran code in with Lightspeed. Is
there a way to do this?  I own copies of virtually every Mac Fortran
compiler on the market: Language System, MacTran '77, Absoft, etc.  I
know I could get MPW C and do it that way, but I'd rather not convert the
Prototyper C code to MPW.

Is there any easy way to do this that I don't know about?

--
Sometimes when I've got the blues,
And woo the shape I'm in,

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (05/13/89)

In article <4028.24697939@mailcom.FIDONET.ORG> postmaster@mailcom.FIDONET.ORG (Bernard Aboba) writes:
>I've decided to port a large mainframe Fortran code over to the Mac, and
>want to do much of the interface code with Prototyper.  As Prototyper can
>output in Lightspeed C, and I own this, this seems like the way to go.
>However, I don't know how to link the Fortran code in with Lightspeed. Is

	Since you own Language Systems Fortran, which outputs MPW .O files,
and LightspeedC has a .O Converter, it seems to me that you should be
able to  oConv the Fortran compiler's output and add the libraries to your
LightspeedC project. Be sure to watch out for things like data initializations
and segment directives, which oConv will ignore....

		--Rich

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips