[comp.sys.mac] MacsBug questions

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (05/16/89)

In article <8442@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Scott Kendig) writes:
>o  What version of MacsBug comes with THINK's LightSpeed C compiler?

	Version 5.5 is supplied with TLSC 3.0x.

>o  What is the most recent version of MacsBug out?

	Version 6.0 is current. (It wasn't when we mastered the TLSC floppies,
which is why it's not on the disks).

>My immediate problem is that I'm trying to upgrade LightSpeed C version 3.01 to
>3.02 using the upgrade archive off Sumex.  It's asking for the file "THINK C
>Degugger", which I had originally renamed to "MacsBug" and placed in the System
>Folder, if I remember correctly, during installation.  Later I upgraded
>MacsBug.  When I make a copy of it, rename the copy back to "THINK C Debugger",

	Whoa! The file "THINK C Debugger" is NOT a replacement for MacsBug, and
doesn't belong in the system folder. It's an application, and belongs in the
same folder as the THINK C application, and you shouldn't change its name.
MacsBug is MacsBug, a low-level debugger, and it goes in your system folder,
but it is not affected by any patchers (at least, none supplied by us).

	--Rich
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips