[comp.sys.mac] 132 Column VT100 Emlator??

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (05/16/89)

Does anyone have any knowledge of a communication program which can take
full advantage of a large screen - presumably in 132 column mode - in a
VT100 emulator? We will be getting a large screen monitor and IIcx soon,
and I have always wanted to work on my computer programs without having
to scroll left and right to edit long printf statements etc...
Many Thanks,
Mark Sartor
College of Agriculture
Michigan state university

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, wyl E. coyote ) (05/16/89)

In article <7718215MES@MSU> 18215MES@MSU.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone have any knowledge of a communication program which can take
>full advantage of a large screen - presumably in 132 column mode - in a
>VT100 emulator? We will be getting a large screen monitor and IIcx soon,
>and I have always wanted to work on my computer programs without having
>to scroll left and right to edit long printf statements etc...

I believe MacTerminal from Apple supports 132 column mode.  The current
version according to the engineer who last worked on it is version 2.3.
| Disclaimer: Apple has no connection with my postings.                       |
Byron Han, Communications Architect   At Apple, we change the world everyday.
20525 Mariani Ave, MS27Y              Internet: han@apple.COM
Cupertino, CA 95014                   UUCP:{sun,voder,nsc,decwrl}!apple!han
------------------------------------  GENIE:BYRONHAN   CompuServe:72167,1664
ATTnet: 408-974-6450                  Applelink:HAN1   HAN1@applelink.apple.COM