[comp.sys.mac] Anyone know about "Hyperscan" ?

phil@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (05/15/89)

One of the lecturers here asked me if I had seen or heard of a public domain
Stack called "Hyperscan", which he reckoned was a stack to allow you to
connect a scanner and capture the images directly into Hypercard.  I had
never heard of anything like this.  Has anyone out there heard of it?  Does
anyone have it?  If I get any responses I will summarise them here.

Thanks!

Phil Jimmieson,           ***************************************************
Computer Science Dept.,   *        ** Note New Address & UserName **        *
Liverpool University,     * JANET : PHIL@UK.AC.LIV.CS.MVA                   *
Merseyside, England,      * ARPA  : PHIL%mva.cs.liv.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu   *
L69  3BX                  *                                                 *
                          * old address SQPHIL@UK.AC.LIV.CSVAX may work     *
(UK) 051-794-3689         ***************************************************

stores@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (05/18/89)

In article <5448@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk> phil@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk writes:
>One of the lecturers here asked me if I had seen or heard of a public domain
>Stack called "Hyperscan", which he reckoned was a stack to allow you to
>connect a scanner and capture the images directly into Hypercard.  I had
>never heard of anything like this.  Has anyone out there heard of it?  Does
>anyone have it?  If I get any responses I will summarise them here.

Yes, I heard of it. and  yes I have it. I think it only works with the apple
scanner. The stack was written by Bill him self. It lets you scan directly
into hypercard. It comes with the apple scanner.

Matthew Mora
SRI International                       stores@unix.sri.com