[comp.sys.mac] Wanted: fast way to toggle Monochrome/256 Color

lbaum@bcsaic.UUCP (Larry Baum) (05/19/89)

I find it a bit cumbersome that to switch from Color (256 Grays) to
Black & White (2 grays) I have to bring up the control panel, choose Monitors,
then click two different buttons and close the control panel.  Does anyone know of
a simple INIT, DA or FKEY that will toggle back and forth between the 2 via a
simple keyclick or other one-step action.

--
Larry Baum
Advanced Technology Center

pkorn@utastro.UUCP (Hydro Man) (05/20/89)

In article <11799@bcsaic.UUCP>, lbaum@bcsaic.UUCP (Larry Baum) writes:
> I find it a bit cumbersome that to switch from Color (256 Grays) to
> Black & White (2 grays) I have to bring up the control panel, choose Monitors,
> then click two different buttons and close the control panel.  Does anyone know of
> a simple INIT, DA or FKEY that will toggle back and forth between the 2 via a
> simple keyclick or other one-step action.

I don't know of anything that does it automatically, but if you have Macro
Maker, which comes as a utility with System 6.0 and up, you can define
keystrokes which toggle back and forth.  Set Macro Maker to record, toggle
via the Control Panel, and give the macro a key definition.  These definitions
are then saved in the Macros file.  If you run under Multi-Finder and they're
Finder macros, you can access them at any time.

This is what I did.  I needed it because certain large screen fonts, like
scan 48, go haywire when I run Microsoft Word in color mode.

Hope this helped

> --
> Larry Baum
> Advanced Technology Center
> Boeing Computer Services     uucp:       uw-beaver!bcsaic!lbaum
> (206) 865-3232               internet:   lbaum@atc.boeing.com

Paul Kornreich			internet: pkorn@astro.as.utexas.edu
Grad Student
Astronomy Department
The University of Texas at Austin
Princess Aura:	  Are you crazy?  Don't your realize that Ming has never kept
		a vow in his life?

Dale Arden:	  I can't help it; it's what makes us better than you.
DISCLAIMER:  Stop Reading newsnet and Get Back to Work!!