[comp.sys.mac] Disk Recovery

donna@aoa.UUCP (Donna Albino) (03/12/88)

Robert Hammen writes:

>MacZap is a powerful program that has been able to
>fix any bad disk I've ever come across,

Yes, it's true! Disk First Aid couldn't do anything for me, but MacZap
recovered everything. It was about $40-$50 thru MacConnection and considering
I hadn't backed up in awhile (shame!), it was worth it!

steveg@tove.umd.edu (Steve Green) (05/20/89)

This message is directed to people who have had experiance recovering large
hard drives.  I have a 300 meg hard disk that has a crashed directory.
I have tried many things in my attempt to recover the drive...here is what
I have done.
SUM - Says that most of the files are bad (they are not)..I had to make my
	own recover params.
1st Aid kit - Wont recover folders...Thats right, all 15,000 files are put
	into 1 folder.  The program shows me hierarchy, but wont reproduce it.
	It has to be done by hand....
Disk First Aid - Says it cant verify the disk.

The disk has no bad sectors. I am able to recover any file I want with 1st Aid
kit so I know the data is ok.  I REALLY dont want to have to recover the drive
1 folder at a time...I have started this, and I have gotten very little done
in a large amount of time.
HELP!
Please reply with mail to
	..!uunet!tove.umd.edu!steveg