[comp.sys.mac] can any Mac chess progs do this?

ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) (05/17/89)

Are there any chess programs on the Mac where you can
arrange the pieces, and then play it from there (you take
one side, and the Mac takes the other)?

-Ted

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (05/18/89)

In article <7380015@hpwrce.HP.COM> ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) writes:
>Are there any chess programs on the Mac where you can
>arrange the pieces, and then play it from there (you take
>one side, and the Mac takes the other)?

Yes, Sargon III does this.  You can cheat, adding and deleting pieces
at your whim (of course, I only recommend this for exploring variations,
people who cheat at computer games are really demented).

Chris.Parson@f54.n382.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chris Parson) (05/20/89)

         I know of three Mac chess programs that will let you set up a
position and play - ChessMaster 2000, Psion and Sargon IV.  All three
are excellent programs.
        In conjunction with a DA, Partner, that allows two people to
"share" a program over a modem I have played chess using Chessmaster
2000 with a friend (human) remote by using the "Verify moves" mode
on both ends.  We both see the board on the screen and move our pieces
with the mouse.  The only drawback is one player has to play from the
top of the screen down.

--
Chris Parson  via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP:  ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!382!54!Chris.Parson