[comp.sys.mac] Preditor Demo & Demo Disk

tomc@mntgfx.mentor.com (Tom Carstensen) (05/19/89)

After seeing the problems some people are having with the
Preditor Demo, perhaps the posting was bad or something.
I would just like to tell/remind everyone that a free
demo disk is available upon request.

The actual Preditor program has been tested with many
INIT's, but I'm sure there are a few that splipped by.
You can also download a demo from GENie, Compuserve
and Delphi, from which I have not recieved any info about
problems with the demo posted there.

Call 503/644-4606, and if an answering machine answers,
leave your name, address and phone #.

Tom Carstensen

pweent@spanglebaby.cc.umich.edu (05/24/89)

In article <1989May19.093545.1280@mntgfx.mentor.com> tomc@mntgfx.mentor.com (Tom Carstensen) writes:
>After seeing the problems some people are having with the
>Preditor Demo, perhaps the posting was bad or something.
>I would just like to tell/remind everyone that a free
>demo disk is available upon request.

I received my disk Monday (only took 3 days!) and it works without a hitch,
and I have about 10 inits (Mac II, 4 meg).

I only have had time to boot it, load a few files, and peruse some of the
online help but my inital impression is that this isthe most advanced
program editor I have seen.  There is alot going on in this program,
including support of some rarely implemented interface guidelines like
split windows, etc.

One thing I have et to decide on is its extensive additions/extentions to
the user interface guidelines.  I like some of them , and am undecided
on some of the others.

It is worth a look, but be warned that no printed info comes with it (aside
from an order form) so you will need to read the online help (which has
some spelling errors and typos).

.

Brian Hall

Internet:   pweent@spanglebaby.cc.umich.edu (preferred)
AppleLink:  D0017 (shared)

uucibg@sw1e.UUCP (3929]) (05/25/89)

In article <656@sharkey.cc.umich.edu> pweent@spanglebaby.cc.umich.edu (Brian Hall) writes (regarding Preditor):
>I received my disk Monday (only took 3 days!) and it works without a hitch,
>and I have about 10 inits (Mac II, 4 meg).
>
>It is worth a look, but be warned that no printed info comes with it (aside
>from an order form) so you will need to read the online help (which has
>some spelling errors and typos).
>
>Brian Hall
>Internet:   pweent@spanglebaby.cc.umich.edu (preferred)
>AppleLink:  D0017 (shared)

I'm afraid I must have missed the address for the demo disk.  I would be
very interested to get a demo disk.  Could someone forward the appropriate
address to me please?

Thanks in advance,

Brian R. Gilstrap                          Southwestern Bell Telephone
One Bell Center Rm 17-G-4                  ...!ames!killer!texbell!sw1e!uucibg
St. Louis, MO 63101                        ...!bellcore!texbell!sw1e!uucibg
(314) 235-3929                             ...!uunet!swbatl!sw1e!uucibg
#include <std_disclaimers.h>