[comp.sys.mac] Music Tutor Programs

david.dmytryshyn@f428.n250.z1.fidonet.org (david dmytryshyn) (05/21/89)

A local high school is in the midst of setting up a Macintosh computer lab,
which will be shared by the various departments in the school, including the
Music department.  It consists of approximately 15 Macs, using MacJanet for the
networking.  I've been asked to help out a bit with some of the particulars.
(being a University student, the exposure & remunerations help)

When we got to the music department, they asked for some Music Tutorial
programs, Practica Music came to mind, but that was it, except for some crude
Hypercard stacks I've seen floating around.  Has anyone tried Practica Music?
Has anyone seen anything else for teaching music on a Mac?  They will be
getting a MIDI keyboard, so they can utilize MIDI.  Some students will have
had previous experience with musical theory, while others will be embarking on
something new, so a program which offers something to both of them, and is
able to follow them as they progress through high school would be ideal.

Email is preferred, as it seems to be working!

David Dmytryshyn

--- FD 2.00
 * Origin: Computer Synapse, Neural-Nets.  Toronto, CANADA (1:250/428)

--- MaS Relayer v1.00.00
 Message gatewayed by MaS Network Software and Consulting/HST
 for questions or help in replying to messages contact
 mshiels@tmsoft or michael.shiels@masnet.uucp

aberg@math.rutgers.edu (Hans Aberg) (05/27/89)

I find Practica Musica excellent, especially in connection with a MIDI
keyboard.

Hans Aberg, Mathematics
aberg@math.rutgers.edu