[comp.sys.mac] Request: need that list of Word 4.0 bugs

sandell@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Gregory Sandell) (05/24/89)

	For some reason, the list of bugs that was announced here
never showed up in comp.mac.binaries on my machine.  Could someone
either post again or email me a copy?

Thanks in advance,
Greg Sandell

raday@thunder.UUCP (Alan Day) (05/26/89)

I too would like a copy of the Word 4.0 bug list

briand@tekig4.LEN.TEK.COM (Brian Diehm) (05/27/89)

>	For some reason, the list of bugs that was announced here
>never showed up in comp.mac.binaries on my machine.  Could someone
>either post again or email me a copy?

Very Much Ditto, Please.

--
-Brian Diehm
Tektronix, Inc.                (503) 627-3437         briand@tekig4.LEN.TEK.COM

lim@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Kian-Tat Lim) (05/27/89)

For those who may be misled by this supposed multiple-page bug list, be
forewarned that it is about 60% feature requests (wish list), 30% design
disagreements (Microsoft chose one way, some users prefer another), 9%
inherent anomalies (nothing MS could do about them), and 1% possible bugs
(the previously mentioned [and misquoted] item about calculation of negative
non-integer numbers is the only thing I'd place in this category).

It does not look like Bill Gates has been shown up, yet.

--
Kian-Tat Lim (ktl@wagvax.caltech.edu, KTL @ CITCHEM.BITNET, GEnie: K.LIM1)

matthews@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jim Matthews) (05/28/89)

In article <10812@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> lim@cit-vax.UUCP (Kian-Tat Lim) writes:
>For those who may be misled by this supposed multiple-page bug list, be
>forewarned that it is about...1% possible bugs....
>
>It does not look like Bill Gates has been shown up, yet.

Well, then here's one for the bug pile.  If a Notification Manager alert
shows up in front of Word 4.0 then 1) it will be displayed in Geneva rather
than Chicago, and 2) Word's menus will henceforth be displayed in Geneva,
with all the command key equivalents garbled.  MicroSoft knows about this
one and blames it on Apple, so perhaps it isn't a bug to them.

Jim Matthews
Dartmouth Software Development