[comp.sys.mac] wanted: screen saver than makes scr

rudolph@m.cs.uiuc.edu (06/01/89)

>Is there a screen saver in the public domain that will darken the screen
>without any graphics or anything?  Apparantly there are some people on our
>campus who are "distracted" by the graphics produced by such programs as
>Moire and Pyro.

While we're on the subject, I wish Pyro would add an option to get rid
of the annoying fireworks.  They're fine for a minute's entertainment,
but I really want my screen to be blank.

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (06/02/89)

In article <8400116@m.cs.uiuc.edu> rudolph@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>>Is there a screen saver in the public domain that will darken the screen
>>without any graphics or anything?  Apparantly there are some people on our
>>campus who are "distracted" by the graphics produced by such programs as
>>Moire and Pyro.
>
>While we're on the subject, I wish Pyro would add an option to get rid
>of the annoying fireworks.  They're fine for a minute's entertainment,
>but I really want my screen to be blank.

If you use a Mac II or later, I highly recommend purchasing Dimmer by
Chris Derossi and part of the Screen Gems package.  You can darken your
screen as much or as little as you like...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

hirchert@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (06/03/89)

>Is there a screen saver in the public domain that will darken the screen
>without any graphics or anything?  Apparantly there are some people on our
>campus who are "distracted" by the graphics produced by such programs as
>Moire and Pyro.

Using Moire on a color Mac, you can set the color of the graphics to be
displayed.  Set the brightness to 1 (instead of the default 0) and the
animation will be so dark you'll never see it.

Kurt W. Hirchert     hirchert@ncsa.uiuc.edu