[comp.sys.mac] Good Music Theory Packages

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) (06/01/89)

I have the latest version of Practica Musica (2.14?).  I haven't used it for a
while, but when I was using it, I was getting a great deal of understanding in
music theory (which was very important to me as a self-taught musician &
composer).  The game-like format was fun and still challenging.  It now
teaches music theory in intervals, chords, melody ear-training, harmony ear-
training, AND rhythm training.  The newest version also comes with a nice
music theory book made to be used with the package.

I think you'll be doing your students a favor if you get the latest version of
Practica Musica for the Music departments.

Good Luck.

						Jim Collymore

zcnj01@gpb6.uucp (Cecil N. Jones) (06/03/89)

In article <1263@atux01.UUCP> jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) writes:

> I have the latest version of Practica Musica (2.14?).
> The game-like format was fun and still challenging.  It now teaches
> music theory in intervals, chords, melody ear-training, harmony ear-
> training, AND rhythm training.  The newest version also comes with
> a nice music theory book made to be used with the package.

Can you tell me more about this package?  Is it suitable for a
teenager who wants to learn music?  What does it cost?

  Cecil N. Jones    Amoco Production Co.  Tulsa, OK
  @apctrc.uucp
  The opinions expressed are solely my own.