[comp.sys.mac] Quest for Mazewars

davidp@skat.usc.edu (David Peterson) (05/22/89)

Does anyone have working copy of MazeWars that they could send to me, the ones
at Sumex-aim (Stanford) don't work, at least not on my machine (SE/30).

I don't know if the Stanford copies are old or what, but I had a copy at one
time that worked on a SE; that version had icons, and it was all in one file I
think, while the copy at Stanford doesn't have icon resources and it comes in
5 or 6 files. The version I had came from the public domain files that a friend
got with his Jasmine 80meg drive, but alas I deleted it (didn't have access to
a network at the time, and needed the HD space).

If some one has a copy, could you please mail it to me.

Thanks,
-dave.
davidp@skat.usc.edu

milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) (05/23/89)

From article <17331@usc.edu>, by davidp@skat.usc.edu (David Peterson):
> Does anyone have working copy of MazeWars that they could send to me, the ones

Strangely enough, I happen to be about to release a multiplayer game that is
something like MazeWars but a lot more involved.  The game will be having its
grand opening on the GEnie on-line service (a service like Compuserve) on
June 1 (but it will be available starting the 25th).

My game supports many players (up to 30 currently) in the maze at once and
has some role-playing features as well.  In the near future there will be
multiple levels, robot players, money and special gadgets to pick up that
enhance your player.

I don't want to sound like a commercial here...so I'll just say that if you
have a GEnie account and want to try the game, it can be found on page 816
(type "M816" at any GEnie menu).  If you want more info, feel free to write
me, if there are enough requests I will post a more detailed description.

Greg Corson
19141 Summers Drive
South Bend, IN 46637
(219) 277-5306
{pur-ee,rutgers,uunet}!iuvax!ndmath!milo

SL6X7@CC.USU.EDU (05/23/89)

Subject: Quest for Mazewars

I would also like a copy of Maze wars that works on the Mac II.
If someone has a copy please mail it to me.

Thanks in advance,
Edgar
SL6X7@USU.BITNET

paul@torch.UUCP (Paul Andrews) (06/05/89)

SL6X7@CC.USU.EDU writes:

>Subject: Quest for Mazewars
>
>I would also like a copy of Maze wars that works on the Mac II.
>If someone has a copy please mail it to me.

Why mail it? Why not post it to comp.binaries.mac?

- Paul.