[comp.sys.mac] Bug in SuperClock 3.3 and a recommendation for a NEW feature

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) (06/08/89)

I received a copy of SuperClock 3.3 last week, and when I tried checking and
then unchecking the "chime" function, my Mac crashed.  I am NOT using
GateKeeper (whatever that is/does).  What might be the problem?

Also, I have a recommendation to the author of a possible new feature.  Could
you have a feature in the clock act as a timer so that a person could measure
how fast a program runs, or how long it takes for a process?  THe general
operation might be to shift-option-click on the clock display in the menubar.
SuperClock would then go into stopwatch mode with a setting of 00:00:00.
Then you could then launch an application (or whatever) and the stopwatch would
begin running!  Now, of course, you wouldn't be able to see the watch during
launch, BUT when SuperClock received the message that a launched program had
just finished coming up, it would then stop, and display (in stopwatch format)
the elapsed time.  THis feature could be quite useful in benchmarking
software (particularly HyperCard "Sorts," etc.).

Whoever the author of SuperClock is, I hope that you try to implement this
feature.  (And if you do, could I get a copy? :-))

					Jim Collymore

In article <1287@atux01.UUCP> jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) writes:
>I received a copy of SuperClock 3.3 last week, and when I tried checking and
>then unchecking the "chime" function, my Mac crashed.  I am NOT using
>GateKeeper (whatever that is/does).  What might be the problem?

It doesn't happen on any of my machines. Perhaps an INIT hassle?

Chuq Von Rospach      =|=     Editor,OtherRealms     =|=     Member SFWA/ASFA
         chuq@apple.com   =|=  CI$: 73317,635  =|=  AppleLink: CHUQ
      [This is myself speaking. No company can control my thoughts.]

You are false data. Therefore I shall ignore you.