[comp.sys.mac] MacinTalk and SE/30

peggyl@ashtate.UUCP (Peggy Lerch) (06/03/89)

Regarding MacinTalk and the SE/30...

I didn't think it worked on mine until a couple of weeks ago when
I bought KidTime for my son (at the time of purchase, I didn't
realize that it used MacinTalk or I might not have purchased it).
Anyway, I guess the version that comes with that program is
compatible with with the SE/30 because it works fine for me.
Since installing that version of MacinTalk on my system, even
the Talking Moose works.  If it helps, the Modified date on the
file that came on the KidTime disk is July 6, 1988 (it doesn't
show a version number).

Peggy Lerch
Ashton-Tate

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (06/04/89)

In article <622@ashtate.UUCP> peggyl@ashtate.UUCP (Peggy Lerch) writes:
>Regarding MacinTalk and the SE/30...
>
>I didn't think it worked on mine until a couple of weeks ago when
>I bought KidTime for my son (at the time of purchase, I didn't
>realize that it used MacinTalk or I might not have purchased it).
>Anyway, I guess the version that comes with that program is
>compatible with with the SE/30 because it works fine for me.
>Since installing that version of MacinTalk on my system, even
>the Talking Moose works.  If it helps, the Modified date on the
>file that came on the KidTime disk is July 6, 1988 (it doesn't
>show a version number).

I've got version 1.31, which came with the release version of Talking Moose.
Works fine for the SEx I have.

                                    "A thousand years passed since
                                     Agamemnon said, `Don't open
                                     The gates, who the hell needs
                                     A wooden horse that size?'
                                           -- Woody Allen
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, hplsla, thebes, microsoft}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (06/05/89)

In article <622@ashtate.UUCP> peggyl@ashtate.UUCP (Peggy Lerch) writes:
<Regarding MacinTalk and the SE/30...

<I didn't think it worked on mine until a couple of weeks ago when
<I bought KidTime for my son (at the time of purchase, I didn't
<realize that it used MacinTalk or I might not have purchased it).
<Anyway, I guess the version that comes with that program is
<compatible with with the SE/30 because it works fine for me.
<Since installing that version of MacinTalk on my system, even
<the Talking Moose works.  If it helps, the Modified date on the
<file that came on the KidTime disk is July 6, 1988 (it doesn't
<show a version number).

The Modified date on mine is Fri, Jun 2, 1989, 10:20 AM

It works on both Mac II and SE/30

Shirley Kehr

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (06/06/89)

<
<<I didn't think it worked on mine until a couple of weeks ago when
<<I bought KidTime for my son (at the time of purchase, I didn't
<<realize that it used MacinTalk or I might not have purchased it).
<<Anyway, I guess the version that comes with that program is
<<compatible with with the SE/30 because it works fine for me.
<<Since installing that version of MacinTalk on my system, even
<<the Talking Moose works.  If it helps, the Modified date on the
<<file that came on the KidTime disk is July 6, 1988 (it doesn't
<<show a version number).
<
<The Modified date on mine is Fri, Jun 2, 1989, 10:20 AM
<
<It works on both Mac II and SE/30
<
I didn't think this got out because the vax went down while I was trying
to send it. When I tried again later, I noticed the modified date was
different. Guess what, it changes when you use Macintalk.

Shirley

pac@stl.stc.co.uk (Paul Cooper) (06/09/89)

Is MacinTalk freeware?  Could someone post the latest version?
   __
/   (_/_(_/_/    Paul Cooper (pac@stl.stc.co.uk)