[comp.sys.mac] Apology

jon@wehi.dn.mu.oz (Jon Eaves) (06/11/89)

In article <744@loligo.cc.fsu.edu>, pepke@loligo.cc.fsu.edu (Eric Pepke) writes:
> In article <197@wehi.dn.mu.oz> jon@wehi.dn.mu.oz (Jon Eaves) writes:
>> 1) nVIR is NON-malicious. It only infects applications, the system and
>> finder.
>
> We had an attack of some strain of nVIR the other week.  NCSA Image, when
> infected, crashed 100% of the time.
>
> Sounds pretty malicious to me.
>
> Eric Pepke                                     INTERNET: pepke@gw.scri.fsu.edu
Sorry Eric, but if you had read the parent article to this, it was me asking
for help on the subject. I had MANY responses from people, plus ones asking
me to post the information to them.  I posted what was the consensus of
information by all the people who posted to me. (about 6/7) NONE, mentioned
anything about it being malicious. It had no effect on any of our applications
so I felt that they were correct and that it was NON-malicious.
Someone has already posted a followup to the same article saying that it
was a pretty silly thing to say (about it being non-malicious).  Sorry Net, I
can only act on information that I receive.
  Jon Eaves                Walter and Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research.
                     "Computer, you'd better open that hatchway before
                      I find a very large axe to reprogram you with." - Zaphod

ACSnet    ( jon@wehi.dn.mu.oz )
UUCP      ( uunet!munnari!wehi.dn.mu.oz!jon )
Internet  ( jon%wehi.dn.mu.oz@uunet.uu.net )