[comp.sys.mac] TMON and Mac IIcx

recerik@alliant.uni-c.dk (Erik Bertelsen) (06/13/89)

Has anyone tried to use TMON 2.8.1 on a Mac IIcx ?? When chaning from a
Mac II to a IIcx I have the following problems:

- Putting TMON and TMON Startup into the system folder and rebooting
  constently results in a system error 12.

- Starting TMON Startup using Finder: the screen blanks to the background
  pattern and the cursor freezes; only way out is to restart the Mac.

- Starting TMON Startup using MultiFinder results in a dialog box with
  the following text: "TMON is unable to reserve memory for the Monitor.
  Restart the machine and try again, or try with TMON Startup." Here at
  least you can quit it without rebooting...

If anyone knows about this problem (and hopefully the cure) I would be
gratefull to know about it.

regards -
Erik Bertelsen
UNI-C, The Danish Computing Centre for Research and Education.

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/14/89)

In article <RECERIK.89Jun13083023@alliant.uni-c.dk> recerik@alliant.uni-c.dk (Erik Bertelsen) writes:
>Has anyone tried to use TMON 2.8.1 on a Mac IIcx ?? When chaning from a
>Mac II to a IIcx I have the following problems:

	TMON 2.8.2 should work OK on 68030 machines. For more info,
contact ICOM.

	Does anyone know the status of the next release of TMON?

		--Rich

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 I classify myself as a real developer because my desk is hip-deep in
 assembly-language listings and I spend more than 50% of my time in TMON.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (06/14/89)

In article <RECERIK.89Jun13083023@alliant.uni-c.dk> recerik@alliant.uni-c.dk (Erik Bertelsen) writes:
>Has anyone tried to use TMON 2.8.1 on a Mac IIcx ?? When chaning from a
>Mac II to a IIcx I have the following problems:
>  [...description of crashes...]
>If anyone knows about this problem (and hopefully the cure) I would be
>gratefull to know about it.

   The same problem occurs when trying to use TMON 2.8.1 on a IIx or
SE/30. The reason is simple: these machines all have a 68030 processor,
something TMON 2.8.1 wasn't prepared for. Fortunately, the cure is
simple, too. Here's the "recipe" for patching version 2.8.1 --> 2.8.2:

  -- Use ResEdit to open a copy of the TMON application.
  -- Open the 'MonC' resource and click on the 'MonC ID=2' resource.
  -- Choose "Duplicate" from the Edit menu to make a copy of the resource.
  -- Select the new resource and renumber it to 3 (with "Get Info").
  -- Close the 'MonC' resources, and repeat the above procedure with
     the 'MonI' ID=2 resource.

  This patch will only work on version 2.8.1. Usual warnings about being
careful with ResEdit apply.

--
Ken McLeod    :.     .:    UUCP: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!thecloud