[comp.sys.mac] SuperPaint 2.0 or MacDraw II question

jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C O'Connor III, 2846) (06/12/89)

I need a program that merges superpaint 1.0's object drawing capabilities
with MacDraw's multiple page document capabilities.  Does anyone know which
program is my best choice?

Jim O'Connor

awd@dbase.UUCP (Alastair Dallas) (06/13/89)

In article <5741@hubcap.clemson.edu>, jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C O'Connor III, 2846) writes:
> I need a program that merges superpaint 1.0's object drawing capabilities
> with MacDraw's multiple page document capabilities.  Does anyone know which
> program is my best choice?

For what it's worth, my opinion is that MacDraw II is all you need.  I've seen
SuperPaint, and it looks great (Silicon Beach makes excellent products), but
SP's strength is fat bits around MacDraw objects, which I don't need.  Your
mail is not very clear as to your needs, but I am very satisfied with MacDraw II
and I'd be glad to discuss it further.

/alastair/

Disclaimer: Claris employs a lot of ex-Ashton-Taters, but I'm just
a satisfied, paying customer.

suitti@haddock.ima.isc.com (Stephen Uitti) (06/16/89)

In article <99@dbase.UUCP> awd@dbase.UUCP (Alastair Dallas) writes:
+In article <5741@hubcap.clemson.edu>, jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C O'Connor III, 2846) writes:
++ I need a program that merges superpaint 1.0's object drawing
++ capabilities with MacDraw's multiple page document capabilities.
++ Does anyone know which program is my best choice?
+ For what it's worth, my opinion is that MacDraw II is all you
+ need.  I've seen SuperPaint, and it looks great (Silicon Beach
+ makes excellent products), but SP's strength is fat bits around
+ MacDraw objects, which I don't need.  Your mail is not very clear
+ as to your needs, but I am very satisfied with MacDraw II and I'd
+ be glad to discuss it further.

For that matter, Canvas 2.0 has it all.  Ditto on discussion.

Stephen.