[comp.sys.mac] Projector problems....

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) (06/16/89)

 Hello, I've having a bit of a problem with MPW 3.0 & projector.

 Let's say I did something really dumb, like checked out a file for
modification, and then deleted it......

  Now Project won't let me do anything with that file, I can't get another
copy, It won't let me check anything under the same name back in, can't
delete revisions since I have a copy "checked out".

  How do I tell projector that what it thinks is checked out is no longer
with us and it should let me have a new one.

  Thanks for any help.

cjp@Apple.COM (Chris Plummer) (06/16/89)

In article <12068@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) writes:

> Hello, I've having a bit of a problem with MPW 3.0 & projector.
>
> Let's say I did something really dumb, like checked out a file for
>modification, and then deleted it......
>
>  Now Project won't let me do anything with that file, I can't get another
>copy, It won't let me check anything under the same name back in, can't
>delete revisions since I have a copy "checked out".
>
>  How do I tell projector that what it thinks is checked out is no longer
>with us and it should let me have a new one.

Open the Check Out dialog, select the checked out (and deleted) file,
and then click the Cancel Checkout button.

		      Chris Plummer

In article <32456@apple.Apple.COM> cjp@Apple.COM (Chris Plummer) writes:
>Open the Check Out dialog, select the checked out (and deleted) file,
>and then click the Cancel Checkout button.

  Well gosh, I feel silly, I never even noticed the cancel checkout button
in the dialog.  If you're going to make it easy make it so idiot's like
myself can find the darn button.

  Thankyou for your help.

--
David M. O'Rourke____________________|_____________dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu