[comp.sys.mac] adaptec Nodem LAN interface

roy@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (John M.A. Roy) (06/15/89)

I just saw an ad in MacWorld for an Ethernet connection which sits
outside of the Mac in its own unit.  It can connect to any Mac,
using the SCSI port.

Does anybody know anything about this?  Price? Sotware? Reliability?
University discount????

Thanks,

John M.A. Roy (714) 856-5039
ICS Dept., Univ. Calif., Irvine CA 92714
Internet: roy@ics.uci.edu

darcy@tci.UUCP (Jeff d'Arcy) (06/16/89)

In article <17884@paris.ics.uci.edu> roy@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (John M.A. Roy) writes:
>I just saw an ad in MacWorld for an Ethernet connection which sits
>outside of the Mac in its own unit.  It can connect to any Mac,
>using the SCSI port.

The Nodem is made by Adaptec, and that's about all the information I have
about it.  I'd like to point out, though, that Dove's FastNet controller
also connects to any SCSI-equipped Mac and has been available for some time.

DISCLAIMER: My company does a significant amount of business with Dove, but
that does not compel me to make any potentially misleading statements to
the effect that Dove's product reliability is anywhere near adequate.
--
Jeff d'Arcy		...!uunet!tci!darcy		(508) 443-7311 x283
	TCI is not responsible for my opinions, nor I for theirs