[comp.sys.mac] "Capture" for Macintosh

pakman@scrolls.wharton.upenn.edu (David B. Pakman) (06/13/89)

I have recently heard of a utility called Capture which
allows the user to select (with a selection rectangle)
any area on the screen and send it to the clipboard.
It provides for color clipping and is particularly use-
ful when preparing documentation for software.

Is this a PD or shareware utility?  Is it available on
the net?

Any help would be appreciated.

-David Pakman

>I have recently heard of a utility called Capture which
>allows the user to select (with a selection rectangle)
>any area on the screen and send it to the clipboard.

>Is this a PD or shareware utility?  Is it available on
>the net?

Capture is wonderful. It's also a commercial program and published by
Mainstay. Mainstay just announced version 2.0 with some new features (which,
unfortunately, are at home so I can't tell you what they are). It's
something around $60 at Computerware or MacConnection, and well worth it.

Chuq Von Rospach      =|=     Editor,OtherRealms     =|=     Member SFWA/ASFA
         chuq@apple.com   =|=  CI$: 73317,635  =|=  AppleLink: CHUQ
      [This is myself speaking. No company can control my thoughts.]

You are false data. Therefore I shall ignore you.

jg2f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jude Anand George) (06/14/89)

chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
> >I have recently heard of a utility called Capture which
> >allows the user to select (with a selection rectangle)
> >any area on the screen and send it to the clipboard.
>
> >Is this a PD or shareware utility?  Is it available on
> >the net?
>
> Capture is wonderful. It's also a commercial program and published by
> Mainstay. Mainstay just announced version 2.0 with some new features (which,
> unfortunately, are at home so I can't tell you what they are). It's
> something around $60 at Computerware or MacConnection, and well worth it.

I recommend Color Snapshot FKEY by Mark III software.  It can copy the
whole screen or just a selection rectangle, and saves the selection
in five different file formats (Grayview, GIF (!), PixelPaint, PICT resource,
PICT2 file) or to the clipboard; a dialog box for this is given
when invoked.  It can also include pull-down menus in the snapshot.
Amazingly enough, it works perfectly with Stepping Out; I use it regularly
for doing file-type conversions on pictures larger than the screen.
And it's only $15, shareware.  One caveat: Mac II required.

+====================\ Internet: jg2f+@andrew.cmu.edu \=======================+
| Jude Anand George   \  BITNET: jg2f+@ANDREW | jg2f+%andrew@{CMCCVB|CMCCVMA} |
| endanger judo age    \   UUCP: the_known_world!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!jg2f+ |
+=======================\   CIS: 72307,1752 Jude George  \====================+

Chris.Parson@f54.n382.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Chris Parson) (06/16/89)

        We use "Capture" where I work.  It's a commercial product by
Mainstay.  Check some mail-order houses.

--
Chris Parson via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!382!54!Chris.Parson

ianh@merlin.bhpmrl.oz (Ian Hoyle) (06/19/89)

From article <UYZQhiy00WB48bR0ZN@andrew.cmu.edu>, by jg2f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jude Anand George):

> I recommend Color Snapshot FKEY by Mark III software.  It can copy the
> whole screen or just a selection rectangle, and saves the selection

Do you have an address for Mark III software? These goodies are often *very*
hard to locate from oz !! :-)

                                                ian
~