[comp.sys.mac] Scrolling in Document Windows....

aw1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam Duncan Warr) (06/14/89)

Macintosh Revealed volumee three has the code for a program called MiniEdit
which now supports printing. The code for scrolling lies therein.
I recently posted a message that asked how to implement scrolling
since then I have put scrolling windows into my applilcation.
If Mac Revealed does not give you what you want, try the Macintosh
Programming Primer for LightSpeed C. It is an excellent book. The
Primer contains several programs that use scrolling windows. If that
isn't enough, respond to this message and I'll explain it myself.

Good Luck to those having trouble scrolling.

Adam Duncan CMU  email:aw1j@andrew.cmu.edu

svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) (06/19/89)

In article <8YZaJ=y00WB8I180l0@andrew.cmu.edu>, aw1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam Duncan Warr) writes:
> Macintosh Revealed volumee three has the code for a program called MiniEdit
> which now supports printing. The code for scrolling lies therein.
> I recently posted a message that asked how to implement scrolling
> since then I have put scrolling windows into my applilcation.
> If Mac Revealed does not give you what you want, try the Macintosh
> Programming Primer for LightSpeed C. It is an excellent book. The
> Primer contains several programs that use scrolling windows. If that
> isn't enough, respond to this message and I'll explain it myself.

	I had the opportunity this weekend to quickly browsde through the
new THINK C book mentioned above (Programming Primer...) and I also would
like to say it doesn't look half bad (I only read the intro and the source
code though) - EXCEPT - DO NOT USE THE PRINTING CODE IN THAT BOOK!!  It does
not ever check for errors and leaves A LOT to be desired - on the other hand,
though, the new MacRevelead (v 3) has a GREAT chapter on printing which talks
about all sorts of stuff that most programmer don't deal with and should be.

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025