[comp.sys.mac] LSC TRAP resource

iron@imag.imag.fr (Francois Menneteau) (06/19/89)

    Is the resource TRAP of the LSC application under copyright ?

If not, is it possible to know how I retrieve the corresponding Axxx value of
a given trap name ?
(I wrote a disasembler in my application, and I implement a "Find Trap"
command. But I have two problems :
    - My search algorithm is not very fast (sequential search).
    - Some traps (the recent ones) are not in my tables.
).

Thinks for any proposition.
--
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  "... I had their lives in my hands
 \ iron@imag.imag.fr      \  their fate their fortune in my visions

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (06/20/89)

In article <5170@imag.imag.fr> iron@imag.imag.fr (Francois Menneteau) writes:

>    Is the resource TRAP of the LSC application under copyright ?

	It's not copyrighted, but since it's an internal of the TLSC
program, its format is (a) undocumented, (b) subject to change, and (c)
proprietary.

>(I wrote a disasembler in my application, and I implement a "Find Trap"
>command. But I have two problems :
>    - My search algorithm is not very fast (sequential search).

	To look up a trap quickly, have your tables keyed by
trap word, and presorted in ascending order. Then you can use a binary
search which compares trap words, instead of trap names.

>    - Some traps (the recent ones) are not in my tables.

	The MPW 3.0 interfaces (which, I believe, are separately
available thru APDA) contain the definitive trap list.

		--Rich

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 I classify myself as a real developer because my desk is hip-deep in
 assembly-language listings and I spend more than 50% of my time in TMON.