[comp.sys.mac] Question @ Cricket Paint

roger@caen.engin.umich.edu (Roger Roberto Espinosa) (06/19/89)

Hi.

In the near future, I'm probably going to be getting a paint program.  The
net seems to think that SuperPaint 2.0 is slow and not as good as it once
was, and when I really really think about it, the draw-deal isn't the
advantage for me that I once thought it was (now that I'm trying to buy
my software in a more practical manner).

I was curious if anyone in netland has used/is using Cricket Paint.
The feature list seems nice, but I don't remember any of the major
mac-zines coming out with a review, and nobody on the net so far as
I know has squeaked about this program.

Thanks!
 Roger Espinosa

E-MAIL responses to roger@caen.engin.umich.edu, please.

kempf@tci.UUCP (Cory Kempf) (06/21/89)

In article <43edd88a.17b95@frigate.engin.umich.edu> roger@caen.engin.umich.edu (Roger Roberto Espinosa) writes:

>I was curious if anyone in netland has used/is using Cricket Paint.
>The feature list seems nice, but I don't remember any of the major
>mac-zines coming out with a review, and nobody on the net so far as
>I know has squeaked about this program.

I have used Cricket Paint... I decided that I prefered Superpaint I (hadn't
yet had a chance to play with II yet).  Cricket Paint looks nice, but it has
a clumsy interface, is often a pain to use, and is not nearly as good as I
expected after having used Cricket Draw.

my $0.02
+C

--
Cory Kempf		Technology Concepts