[comp.sys.mac] Protection via software

gypsy@ssc-vax.UUCP (James S Hovey) (06/20/89)

I'm going to be doing a data base application (on a MAC II) and I'm looking
for software that will prevent uninvited folks from getting on the machine and
accidently (or on purpose) blowing away my work.  Since I spend most of my time
in the IBM clone world, I don't know that much about MAC protection.

I can already password protect a normal cold start from the harddisk.  I'm more
concerned about what to do to prevent someone bringing their own system disk
and booting from it.  Is it even possible to prevent it with software?

I don't read this group often, so I'd appreciate replies being sent directly to
me.

Thanx in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Jim Hovey
(206) 773-8609

ps.  I'd put my email address here if I had any idea what it was!

joej@oakhill.UUCP (Joe Jelemensky) (06/23/89)

In article <2740@ssc-vax.UUCP> gypsy@ssc-vax.UUCP (James S Hovey) writes:
>I'm going to be doing a data base application (on a MAC II) and I'm looking
>for software that will prevent uninvited folks from getting on the machine and
>accidently (or on purpose) blowing away my work.  Since I spend most of my time

I've heard of a product called "Empower" that allegedly locks your Mac up
so tight it won't even accept a floppy, keyboard input, mouse input, etc.