[comp.sys.mac] RedRyder

tantuico@andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu (Samuel B Tantuico) (06/05/89)

Hello, I have just downloaded version 9.2 of Red Ryder.  The author says that
he is still in the process of writing instructions for it.  So in the
mean time I was wondering if anyone had instructions to any of the previous
versions or where I may obtain them.
						         thanks
							         sAm

                       || Youth is when you blame all your troubles on
 Rutgers-Newark COSII  || your parents. Maturity is when you learn that
		       || everything is the fault of the younger generation.
[] tantuico@andromeda.rutgers.edu
[] tantuico@draco.rutgers.edu

amir@tricord.MN.ORG (06/21/89)

How does one receive binary files using 'kermit' protocol, in Red
Ryder 10.0?  The transmitting kermit is in binary mode. I noticed
that the file transfer starts in 'binary' but switches to 'text' mode
around the fourth packet.

---
- Amir Vafaei @ Tricord Systems
- ...{bungia | quest}!tricord!amir  / amir@tricord.MN.ORG

pollock@usfvax2.EDU (Wayne Pollock) (06/27/89)

In article <337@tricord.tricord.MN.ORG> amir@tricord.MN.ORG () writes:
>How does one receive binary files using 'kermit' protocol, in Red
>Ryder 10.0?  ...
>- Amir Vafaei @ Tricord Systems

You can't. Red Ryder doesn't receive binary kermit correctly no matter
how you have things set up.  I generally set things up using RR, then
quit and start up MacKermit 9(40), set the recieved file type to binary, then
grab the file.

Hopefully this will work correctly in RR 11.x.

Wayne Pollock (The MAD Scientist)	pollock@usfvax2.usf.edu
Usenet:		...!{uflorida, codas}!usfvax2!pollock
GEnie:		W.POLLOCK

PS  RR sends and receives Kermit text files just fine.