[comp.sys.mac] Communications Manager

jay@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Jay O'Conor) (06/23/89)

Does anyone out there know if the Communications Toolbox will be made available
through APDA?  If so, when?  If not, why?

Thanks in advance,
Jay O'Conor
Unisys/Convergent

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (06/24/89)

In article <741@mitisft.Convergent.COM> jay@mitisft.Convergent.COM.UUCP writes:
>Does anyone out there know if the Communications Toolbox will be made available
>through APDA?  If so, when?  If not, why?

A beta version of the Communications Toolbox will be available in APDA's
July APDAlog.

====== jeanne a. e. devoto =================================================
 Usenet: jdevoto@apple.com  |  You may not distribute this article under a
         jdevoto@well.UUCP  |  compilation copyright without my permission.

han@Apple.COM (Byron "No Comments" Han) (06/25/89)

Actually, it is the Communications _Toolbox_, not the Communications Manager.
Communications Manager runs under OS/2 EE.

| Disclaimer: Apple has no connection with my postings.                       |
Byron Han, Communications Scapegoat   At Apple, we change the world everyday.
Apple Computer, Inc.                  -----------------------------------------
20525 Mariani Ave, MS27Y              Internet: han@apple.COM
Cupertino, CA 95014                   UUCP:{sun,voder,nsc,decwrl}!apple!han
------------------------------------  GENIE:BYRONHAN   CompuServe:72167,1664
ATTnet: 408-974-6450                  Applelink:HAN1   HAN1@applelink.apple.COM

svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) (06/25/89)

In article <741@mitisft.Convergent.COM>, jay@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Jay O'Conor) writes:

> Does anyone out there know if the Communications Toolbox will be made available
> through APDA?  If so, when?  If not, why?

	it is my understanding that it will be NOT be available from APDA
initially and that those developers wanting to develop products for it will have
to license it from Apple to distribute with their products.  HOWEVER, since
the Comm Toolbox is not yet ready to ship, Apple can always change their minds
again as to its distribution.

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025

In article <12381@well.UUCP> svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) writes:
>	it is my understanding that it will be NOT be available from APDA
>initially and that those developers wanting to develop products for it will have
>to license it from Apple to distribute with their products.  HOWEVER, since
>the Comm Toolbox is not yet ready to ship, Apple can always change their minds
>again as to its distribution.

The Communications Toolbox _will_ be in the July APDAlog for developers who
wish to develop using the Communications Toolbox.  In order to ship the
Communications Toolbox with their commercial products, developers will need to
contact Apple Software Licensing for more information.
| Disclaimer: Apple has no connection with my postings.                       |
Byron Han, Communications Scapegoat   At Apple, we change the world everyday.
Apple Computer, Inc.                  -----------------------------------------
20525 Mariani Ave, MS27Y              Internet: han@apple.COM
Cupertino, CA 95014                   UUCP:{sun,voder,nsc,decwrl}!apple!han
------------------------------------  GENIE:BYRONHAN   CompuServe:72167,1664
ATTnet: 408-974-6450                  Applelink:HAN1   HAN1@applelink.apple.COM

mnkonar@smallberries.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (06/28/89)

Does anyone have any availability info on Apple's MIDI Manager
or Toolbox or whatever?  Are we going to have to wait until
the Apple Corps. vs. Apple Computer suit is settled?
Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)