[comp.sys.mac] Will Sys 7.0 fit on 800k?

pnm@goanna.oz (Paul Menon) (06/23/89)

Dear Apple,
  Given the required RAM, will a Mac+ with its internal 800k disk be
  enough to store a workable System 7.0 MacOS?

    Paul Menon,
    Dept of Computer Science,
    Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
    124 Latrobe Street,
    Melbourne 3001,
    Victoria, Australia.

PH:	+61 3 660 2291
CSNET:		pnm@goanna.rmit.oz
BITNET/ARPA:	pnm%goanna.rmit.oz@uunet.uu.net
UUCP:		...!uunet!munnari!goanna.rmit.oz!pnm

>  Given the required RAM, will a Mac+ with its internal 800k disk be
>  enough to store a workable System 7.0 MacOS?

No.

Chuq Von Rospach      =|=     Editor,OtherRealms     =|=     Member SFWA/ASFA
         chuq@apple.com   =|=  CI$: 73317,635  =|=  AppleLink: CHUQ
      [This is myself speaking. No company can control my thoughts.]

You are false data. Therefore I shall ignore you.

kent@sunfs3.camex.uucp (Kent Borg) (06/28/89)

In article <2182@goanna.oz> pnm@goanna.oz (Paul Menon) writes:
>Dear Apple,
>  Given the required RAM, will a Mac+ with its internal 800k disk be
>  enough to store a workable System 7.0 MacOS?

I don't think they know.  After all, they haven't written 7.0 yet, so
they can't know how big it is.  I do think they *want* and *hope* it
will fit, but they don't know yet.

Kent Borg
kent@lloyd.uucp
or