[comp.sys.mac] Developper's CD ROM Player from Apple

czychi@ethz.UUCP (Gary Czychi) (06/22/89)

Hi,

in Article 26346 Randy Thompson, rht@smsdpg.UUCP writes:

> >From article <107154@sun.Eng.Sun.COM>, by shiffman%basselope@Sun.COM
> >(Hank Shiffman):
> >I like the idea for this developer's CD and all, but didn't Apple think
> >of all of us who DON'T have a CD-ROM player?
>
> They evidently did, in this months devleoper packet,
> along with the Excellent CD, came an offer for a pretty
> good price on the CD SC.

Fine. But that offer is only valid in the U.S.

Maybe Apple thinks, only american developpers are "real
developers" and worth of getting an original Apple CD ROM Player at
substantially reduced cost.

There are indeed a lot of certified developpers for instance in Germany and
in every other european country. And you can bet that many of those would
like getting one.

Yesterday I attended the developpers conference in Germany and the only
possibilty of getting a cheap drive was a special developpers offer from a
third party for about $1000.

So I would like to ask you: Do you think thats correct?

Thanks a lot for your comments. Besides, what is the actual developper's
price for this special offers CD ROM player?

Sincerely (and I mean that too),

	Gary Czychi

University of St.Gallen, Switzerland
Czychi@csghsg52.bitnet	Czychi@ethz.uucp

All usual disclaimers apply...

You know:	"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than
		others..."

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (06/29/89)

In article <1373@ethz.UUCP> czychi@bernina.UUCP (Gary Czychi) writes:

>> They evidently did, in this months devleoper packet,
>> along with the Excellent CD, came an offer for a pretty
>> good price on the CD SC.
>
>Fine. But that offer is only valid in the U.S.
>
>Maybe Apple thinks, only american developpers are "real
>developers" and worth of getting an original Apple CD ROM Player at
>substantially reduced cost.
>
>There are indeed a lot of certified developpers for instance in Germany and
>in every other european country. And you can bet that many of those would
>like getting one.

I've passed this post along the the administrators of the program.  As it
currently stands, only developers certified through Cupertino are eligible
for the program.  Hopefully, something can be done for developers certified
through the different European and Pacific offices.  This is one of many
problems currently being addressed as far as international developer support
is concerned.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_