[comp.sys.mac] Finite Element Analysis programs

jk3a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Scott Kirschenbaum) (06/27/89)

Does anyone out there know of any good Finite Element Analysis programs?  I
need to do some rotational analysis on an oddly shaped counterweight, and
anything would help.  I have access to anything from an SE to a IIx with 5meg.
I also have have MGMCadStation for the Mac.  All help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay Kirschenbaum

jk3a+@andrew.cmu.edu

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (06/29/89)

In article <UYdsjFy00WB28Iw4h1@andrew.cmu.edu> jk3a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Scott Kirschenbaum) writes:

>Does anyone out there know of any good Finite Element Analysis programs?  I
>need to do some rotational analysis on an oddly shaped counterweight, and
>anything would help.  I have access to anything from an SE to a IIx with 5meg.
>I also have have MGMCadStation for the Mac.  All help would be appreciated.

Contact Kinkos about FEMG.  It's cheap and efficient ... and a friend of mine
wrote it...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_