[comp.sys.mac] Deskjet fonts..

pramod@uoregon.uoregon.edu (Pramod Daya) (06/30/89)

Does anyone know of an ftp site or other source of 4x fonts for the HP
deskjet? I only have a 48pt Times font, which limits the range of
options somewhat, and it seems that there must be dedicated people out
in netland somewhere who have created large versions for the commonly
used Mac fonts.

    .__.    .__.
    |  |    |  |
    |  |    |  |                     	Pramod Daya
    |  |    |  |_____.
     \  \__/  /  ___  \
      \______/  /    \ \                Dept. of Computer & Information Science
            <  <      \ \               University of Oregon
             \  \     / / 	        Eugene, Oregon .
              \  ----/ /        	pramod@tillamook.cs.uoregon.edu
		----- .		      	(Internet Address)

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (06/30/89)

In article <4994@uoregon.uoregon.edu> pramod@drizzle.UUCP (Pramod Daya) writes:
>Does anyone know of an ftp site or other source of 4x fonts for the HP
>deskjet? I only have a 48pt Times font, which limits the range of
>options somewhat, and it seems that there must be dedicated people out
>in netland somewhere who have created large versions for the commonly
>used Mac fonts.

Assuming the DeskJet uses standard bitmap fonts, you could use the
fonts from a LaserWriter SC.  I believe there is a good selection up
to 96 points.  Another option, if you have access to a LaserWriter,
is to use FontSizer to generate a bitmap of any Postscript font at
any size.

-Fred

| Fred Hollander                 |                                           |
| Computer Science Center        |     "Ha ha ha ha ha ha, Ah what a day!"   |
| Texas Instruments, Inc.        |             -- Joker                      |
| Internet:    hollander@ti.com  |                                           |
| Telnet:      214/995-0696      |  The above statements are my own and not  |
| AppleLink:   D1392             |  representative of Texas Instruments.     |

barry@wolman1.prime.com (07/02/89)

/* Written 10:07 am  Jun 30, 1989 by holland@m2.UUCP in wolman1:comp.sys.mac */
In article <4994@uoregon.uoregon.edu> pramod@drizzle.UUCP (Pramod Daya) writes:
>Does anyone know of an ftp site or other source of 4x fonts for the HP
>deskjet? I only have a 48pt Times font, which limits the range of
>options somewhat, and it seems that there must be dedicated people out
>in netland somewhere who have created large versions for the commonly
>used Mac fonts.

Microsoft Powerpoint comes with a set of "presentation fonts" containing
large sizes for Times and Helvetica.  I believe that the largest size
is 96 points, which would let you generate 24 point output.  I've used
these fonts with a DeskJet with very good results.

Barry Wolman                      | barry@s66.prime.com
Principal Technical Consultant    | 492 Old Connecticut Path
Prime Computer                    | Framingham, MA 01701
                                  | 508/626-1700, ext. 4187
Nothing in this posting reflects an official position of Prime Computer.