[comp.sys.mac] Mac Schematics, Laserwriter boards

brian@premise.ZONE1.COM (Brian Moran) (06/09/89)

I have acquired some Mac motherboards, 512k, +, SE, and II;  I would like
to make a "Hackintosh" with some of these boards, but to do so I need to know
the pinouts of the power and video connectors -- I think I remember that I
can hook the video to a Multisync monitor, but I am not sure. Has anyone done
anything like this? (The Mac II needs a video card, I know; I'd like info
on the pinouts of the system board connectors, etc).  Does the Hardware
Underground Guide to the Macintosh exist for the models besides the 512?

Also, I got in the same lot some controllers for the LaserWriter IINTX and
LaswerWriter IISC. Since we have neither, I would like to get rid of these;
send me email if you are interested (these look pretty powerful; 680x0 and
memory etc).

Thanks!

--
Brian K. Moran    N9ADG   { ...harvard!mit-eddie,...!mirror}!premise!brian
Premise, Inc.             brian@premise.zone1.com

rcbamw@eutrc3.UUCP (m.waucomont) (06/14/89)

In article <262@premise.ZONE1.COM> brian@premise.ZONE1.COM (Brian Moran) writes:
>I have acquired some Mac motherboards, 512k, +, SE, and II;  I would like
>to make a "Hackintosh" with some of these boards, but to do so I need to know
>the pinouts of the power and video connectors -- I think I remember that I

You don't need MacUnderground docs for this kind of info. Straight from
'Macintosh Family Hardware Referenve' (ISBN 0-201-19255-1, well worth the
$26.95 it sells for!!!!) :
(1) Video                        (7) Ground
(2) has got no pin :-))          (8) -12V
(3) Hsync                        (9) Ground
(4) Internal speaker            (10) +12V
(5) Vsync                       (11) Battery
(6) +5V

This is for the classic Macintosh (512, plus). I will not tell you the
pinouts for the SE, just to _force_ you to buy the book. If you really intend
to make a Hackintosh, you will _need_ it!!!!

>Also, I got in the same lot some controllers for the LaserWriter IINTX and
>LaswerWriter IISC. Since we have neither, I would like to get rid of these;
>send me email if you are interested (these look pretty powerful; 680x0 and
>memory etc).
>
>Thanks!

Trade for my copy of the hardware reference manual :-)) Where do you get
this stuff??? I definitely am interested!

Michel 'Mikki' Waucomont
rcbamw@eutrc3.UUCP

PostScript.um: I own a 512, upgraded to 1Mb, in a Lisa casing. Is this a
               Hackintosh? No! I had no choice.. as a 'poor' student who
               fell in love with the Mac I could not afford anything
               better than this homebrew product. BBBBBBUT... by september
               I will have a *real* Plus...

stevel@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Steve Ligett) (06/27/89)

In article <720@eutrc3.UUCP> rcbamw@eutrc3.UUCP (m.waucomont) writes:
-In article <262@premise.ZONE1.COM> brian@premise.ZONE1.COM (Brian Moran) writes:
--I have acquired some Mac motherboards, 512k, +, SE, and II;  I would like
--to make a "Hackintosh" with some of these boards, but to do so I need to know
--the pinouts of the power and video connectors
-Straight from
-'Macintosh Family Hardware Referenve' (ISBN 0-201-19255-1, well worth the
-$26.95 it sells for!!!!) :
-(Pinout for Classic Mac power supply to logic board cable deleted)
-... I will not tell you the
-pinouts for the SE, just to _force_ you to buy the book.

I don't think the pinout of the logic board connector for the SE's is in
the book.  Just the power supply connector -- and the power supply
connects to the analog board, not the logic board.  I had to scope out
the logic board connector when I upgraded a 512KE to an SE/30.  But I
don't have the pinout with me.  Drop me a note if you want it.

Steve Ligett       steve.ligett@dartmouth.edu or
(decvax harvard linus true)!dartvax!steve.ligett

rcbamw@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl (m.waucomont) (07/03/89)

In article <14106@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> stevel@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Steve Ligett) writes:

>I don't think the pinout of the logic board connector for the SE's is in
>the book.  Just the power supply connector -- and the power supply
>connects to the analog board, not the logic board.  I had to scope out
>the logic board connector when I upgraded a 512KE to an SE/30.  But I
>don't have the pinout with me.  Drop me a note if you want it.
>
>Steve Ligett       steve.ligett@dartmouth.edu or
>(decvax harvard linus true)!dartvax!steve.ligett

Huh? Indeed does the power supply cable connect to the analog board... but the
other end connects to the logic board :-)))

But if you are stating that the 'logic board connector' is not in 'Apple
Macintosh Family Hardware Reference', I think you are wrong. If I understood
you well, you are talking about the 96 pin SE Bus. The pinouts for that are
on pages 14-3 to 14-7, including a short comment on usage of the signals.

Trust me, the book IS good.
(It has some 'bugs' in it though. Check the section on the SE keyboard for
example ;-) )

Michel Waucomont