[comp.sys.mac] Accounting software

fiddler@concertina.UUCP (11/13/87)

This request is for a friend:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good
accounting package for the Mac?

&pUUUdlh~}i
It should be able to handle bank
reconciliation, inventory module
not required.

An idiot should be able to use it sucessfully,
he says...

Thanks

	seh

drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (11/14/87)

In article <33804@sun.uucp>, fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) writes:
> This request is for a friend:
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a good
> accounting package for the Mac?
I would recommend MacMoney, from Survivor Software.

> &pUUUdlh~}i
> It should be able to handle bank
> reconciliation, inventory module
> not required.
It does all these things.

> An idiot should be able to use it sucessfully,
> he says...
I don't know about an idiot, but any reasonable person can use it quite
easily - my mother and sister-in-law come to mind (and my sister-in-law doesn't
like using computers for anything except games).

Dennis Cohen
Ashton-Tate Glendale Development Center
dBASE Mac Development Team
--------------------------
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed above are my own - I don't discuss them with my
employer and they don't discuss their opinions with me (usually).

J.Purchase@ucl-cs.UUCP (07/05/89)

From: Jan Purchase <J.Purchase@uk.ac.ucl.cs>

Does any wise 'ol bird out there know if a "login" type accounting package
exists for the Mac? i.e., an application which asks the user for a login
name and password on booting and which records users and times to a (wtmp)
file. I agree, I could write it myself, but not with the deadlines I'm
already breaking.

Thanks for any help,
Jan.

FROM : Jan Andrew Purchase          | Snail:     Room 208, PhD Lab.,
                                    |            Computer Science Dept.,
JANET   : J.Purchase@uk.ac.ucl.cs   |		 University College,
ARPANET : J.Purchase@cs.ucl.ac.uk   |		 London, UK.
UUCP	: {... ukc!}ucl.cs!purchase |
      (these are my views, and are not necessarily those of UCL)
Oh Threats of Hell and Hopes of Paradise!	| Omar Khayyam
One thing is certain - That life flies: 	| q66  2nd Ed.
One thing is certain and the rest is lies;	| p125
The Flower that once is blown for ever dies	|